Please, Please, Please, Let Me, Let Me, Let Me Get What I Want This Time

Let me kiss you between the library shelves. Let me take you to the park with ice cream. Let me drive us out on a starry night and dream away the world. Let me hold you close, hold you tight, hold you hard. Let me hold you because I never want to let go. Let me make you breakfast, even though I can't make much. Let me take you to the store and buy things for the heck of it. Let me play you all my favourite songs. Let me listen to what's been going wrong. Let me hear about your loves, your beliefs. Let me love the little things.

Let me run through fields because I thought it would be a great visual. Let me go out to clubs and party like it's the end. Let me go to the movies with my friends. Let me laugh loud. Let me laugh long. Let me smile and pretend that everything's been alright for as long as I can remember. Let me read my books. Let me love my friends. Let me stop and pick flowers along the side of the road. Let me be free.

Let me cry. Let me sob, let me weep. Let me listen to my sad songs. Let me burrow under blankets and hide. Let me scream out my feelings into the dark night. Let me be sad. Let me be anxious. Let me feel. Let me have my feelings. Let me express my feelings. Let me not be ashamed of feeling. Let me have a safe space. Let me need to be alone. Let me be exhausted. Let me be frustrated, and angry, and upset. Let me know that it'll be okay.

Comments

Popular Posts